GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
In GE Grid Solutions, we are now looking to increase our team with a Software Engineer. As our successful Software Engineer you will work as part of a team designing, building, validating, testing and documenting a highly complex and leading edge software suite used by utility companies worldwide
As our Software Engineer you will have a natural flair for solving complex problems into elegant solutions, with imaginative use of technology.
· You will be a natural coder, comfortable in a variety of technologies, transferring your software skills into new development environments and technologies.
· Essential Responsibilities
· Software development and maintenance of small components, and eventually full functionality and large areas of the product
· For experienced candidates, provide technical mentoring for other software engineers
· Analyze user needs to design and code
· Program (in C, C++, Java etc) all applications, components and interfaces
· Work closely with the business unit to ensure application development meets product specification requirements
· Design, implement and test software, ensuring quality specifications are met
· Drive performance and reliability enhancements
· Interact with customers to drive requirements and customer satisfaction
· Bachelor of Science or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or other degree and/or equivalent experience.
· Experience in writing industrial communication protocol software in C or C++, e.g. IEC-101/104, DNP3, 61850
· Strong communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit theUK Border Agency website
· Proven experience with code-writing in a variety of programming languages
· Additional experience in leading technical discussions with customers to identify appropriate specifications
· Exposure to Microsoft Technologies, .NET, DCOM, ATL, VC++, VB, SQL Server, Internet Technologies, SOA, Java, JBOSS, or XML
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us atwww.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .