Aviation Human Resources
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
With our co-op/intern rotational program, students will work in a different area and at a different GE Aviation site each co-op/intern rotation to ensure optimal learning and diverse work experiences. Our program goal is to prepare each student for a potential full- time position when they graduate in one of our amazing leadership programs.
There are two departments you will be considered for:Digital Department within GE Aviation or Avionics Department within GE Aviation.
Digital Department within GE Aviation
Possible assignments may include:
· Application development (Web, client server, standalone, mobile) utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies
· Systems management and optimization
· Business process re-engineering
· Infrastructure management and environmental design/build out
· Security/controllership Interns have significant exposure opportunity to key IT and business leaders at GE. Interns also have extracurricular opportunities to engage in various activities both socially and from a professional development perspective.
Avionics Department within GE Aviation
At GE Aviation we develop engine controls and the following avionics products: Navigation & Guidance systems, Vehicle Health & Data Management systems, Mission systems, Avionics Computing systems and Platform Systems Integration. Each Software Intern assignment is unique and depends on current business needs. Intern assignments can include the following:
· Design/Development engineering including software requirements, design, analysis and development
· Testing/Verification engineering including software testing, simulation, traceability and documentation
· Process Improvement engineering including tool development and procedure simplification
· Product/Program Support
· Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (without rounding)
· Meet required degree of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT Security, Informatics, Information Science, Information Technology, MIS, CIS, Quantitative Analysis, Security and Risk Analysis
· Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program
· Completed one full year of college (rising sophomore)
· Our positions require access to export controlled information. Due to that requirement, we need to ask are you one of the following: (1) U.S. Citizen or National; (2) U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident; (3) Person granted Refugee status in the United States; (4) Person granted Asylee status in the United States; (5) A Special Agricultural Worker under section 210 or (6) a beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program under section 245A of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act
· Geographic mobility: Cincinnati, OH; Detroit, MI, Lynn, MA, Durham, NC, Jacksonville, FL, Grand Rapids, MI
Preferred Graduation Dates: 2020, 2021 and 2022
· Strong commitment to career in engineering: design, manufacturing or production support
· An analytical approach to problem solving
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft products
· Willingness and ability to learn from others
· Demonstrated leadership and a team player
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· One who strives for academic success
· Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
· General business / finance understanding
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.