The Network Software team delivers enterprise connectivity services across the globe. We're innovating in network design and SDN to connect securely and seamlessly. This enables GE to connect people and technology, from hospitals and wind farms, to datacenters and cloud providers, anywhere in the world.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help drive our DevOps and automation efforts, building robust systems using modern cloud infrastructure on top of AWS, Azure, and OpenStack.
· Be responsible for delivering highly available services through entirely automated processes
· Collaborate with software and network engineers to automate builds and software deployments
· Invent and implement new approaches to automate maintenance tasks, system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools
· Be responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/service roadmap.
· Lead assessment and decision related to technology choices, design/architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
· Be the subject matter expert in technologies and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR equivalent work experience.
· A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Software Development, DevOps, IT, and/or Cloud Technologies OR Master’s degree with 1 years of experience in these disciplines
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Experience in AWS Services with one or more certifications preferred (Solutions Architect, Developer, SysOps, DevOps, etc…)
• Hands-on experience with configuration frameworks for deployment: Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages such as: Python, Ruby or similar
• Familiarity with source control systems such as Git
• Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems: ECS, Kubernetes, etc.
• Experience with managing large numbers of servers in AWS and driving stability through automated monitoring, alerting, and actions.
• Foundational understanding of network concepts and technologies
• Eager to learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements
Leadership • Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.