GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Services
The Shop Worker will participate in the daily operation and repair of Oilfield Pumping Unit equipment. They will perform assignments as directed by the crew chief and field managers, plus other assignments as required. They will work effectively with other work groups: Safety, Sales, Maintenance, other personnel and Management.
In the role of Shop Worker Services, you will:
· Under the direction of the Shop Foreman and Service Manager, perform a number of tasks associated with the operation, rig-up / down of equipment & tools and related equipment in the shop and/or yard (equipment used will vary by product line)
· Perform duties which may involve some technical elements but primarily focused on running equipment / machinery / systems
· Play a role in hands-on and directly manipulate equipment, machinery or systems requiring precise instrumentation / operation
· Be trained in operating more than one type of equipment or combinations of equipment / processes (level is determined by competency development program)
· Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations – onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
· High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
· Minimum 6 months of experience in warehouse, manufacturing, mechanical, technical, heavy equipment and /or production assembly
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
· Carry various pieces of the pumping unit of substantial weight (not to exceed 40 lbs. per person)
· Work in adverse weather conditions for several hours at a time
· Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for onshore/offshore remote location assignments
· To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
· Completion of any skill trade certificate or skill trade classes
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.