GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions
Assembles, tests, and sets up and operates variety of machine tools/equipment, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial compressors by performing the following duties.
In the Role of Shop Mechanic you will:
· Study blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to determine type and dimensions of parts required
· Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on metal stock surfaces
· Dismantle machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part
· Replace defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal stock
· Assemble and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction
· Maintain and lubricates machine tools and equipment
· Set up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment
· High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
· Minimum 2 years of machine shop experience
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
· Equivalent schooling in either mechanical, welding or machining
· Ability to read and use working drawings
· Ability to operate Cranes and forklifts
· Have mechanical aptitude with the ability to follow written technical instructions
· Ability to use and read precision measuring equipment
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.