GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
This individual must have a clear understanding and ability to participate in equipment setup and operations. Ability to participate in the repair and maintenance of flowback equipment. Ensuring Flowback kit is operational before delivery to customer site. Making sure everything is working properly before being sent out on location.
In the role of Shop/Field Tech, you will:
· Maintain a safe work environment that complies with company procedures for everyone on location
· Make sure procedures have been followed to avoid accidents and damage to the equipment
· Directly coordinates with admin and fleet manager
· Order and monitor essential inventory for shop
· Prioritize repairs to be done and communicates with managers
· Coordinate maintenance and repair
· Evaluate the effectiveness of specific products
· Supervise the shop the personnel with in the shop
· Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations – onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
· High School diploma/GED from an accredited school or institution
· Minimum 2 years of experience in 3-Phrase Separators, Line Heaters, Small Engines and various Field Support equipment (Generators, Compressor, Pumps, etc.)
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
· Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for onshore/offshore remote location assignments
· To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent leadership abilities
· Effectively communicate with upper management/subordinates
· Problem solving abilities
· Analytical and critical thinking skills
· Time management and organization
· Vast knowledge of test equipment such separators, fired vessels, Emergency Shut Down Systems, Level Controllers, High Pressure Motor Valves, Regulators, and other Instruments and Controls
· Physical ability to perform job
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.