Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The successful candidate will be responsible for the shipping and receiving functions to ensure conformance to specifications and continuous production consistent with established standards.
In the role of Shipping & Receiving Coordinator, you will:
· Compare identifying information and counts, weighs, or measuring items of incoming and outing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
· Read pick lists or shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed; determine method of shipment and contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for loading products
· Affix shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons
· Assemble wooden or cardboard containers or select preassembled containers
· Prepare all unpainted equipment received from warehouse by greasing or oiling prior to shipping
· Insert item or equipment into containers and nail covers on wooden crates and bind containers with metal tape
· Weigh product for shipping charges, and affix postage
· Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
· Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
· Route items to departments
· Maintain inventory of shipping and receiving materials and supplies
· Operate forklift or use hand truck to move convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform or area to storage or work area, and to load equipment
· Prepare and maintain shipping / receiving records and log
· Keep shipping / receiving area clean and free of safety and health hazards
· Associates Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution and 2 years of materials shipping experience)
· Minimum 6 months of materials shipping experience
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Be subjected to extreme temperatures for extended periods of time
· Minimum 1 Year of oilfield experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.