GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
He/She will support the product through the entire life cycle from conceptual design through design and development, testing, qualification, manufacturing and installed fleet support.
GE is looking for a Tower Engineer responsible of performing structural design and analysis of wind turbine tower components within the Tower and Foundation Subsystem team. They drive technical excellence and continuous improvement in the design, cost performance, producibility and reliability of the component(s) under their responsibility. In addition, will work with diverse, cross-functional teams to execute component/system trade off studies and select the best designs and technologies against multiple criteria.
· Design tower shell and tower structural components for wind turbines with analytical and FEA methods
· Responsible for Design, Development, Testing and Certification to prove component function and reliability
· Provide innovative design solutions to meet aggressive timing, product cost and reliability targets
· Create and revise drawings, specifications and design practices applying GE and industry processes and standards
· Knowledge management, technology watch and intellectual property
· Work cross functionally with quality teams, manufacturing engineers, sourcing, suppliers, field support and others to improve product quality and first-time yield
· Support manufacturing, sourcing and field support with issue resolution and quick corrective actions for design related causes (nonconformities)
· Drive quick, complete technical root cause analysis of field failures and identify design related corrective actions to prevent recurrence
· Support global supply chain activities for quality assurance and fulfillment across the globe
· Identify and execute cost saving ideas and strategies
· Drive lessons learned, best practices and standardization into drawings, specifications, design practices and processes
· B.A./M.A. (or equivalent knowledge or experience) in Mechanical, Structural or Material Engineering
· Some experience in design of mechanical systems
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Fluent English written and spoken, also fluent Spanish/German depending on location application
· Technical drawing and design interpretation background
· Ability to work with global team members across cultural boundaries, ability to work in a matrix team environment
· EU Work Permit
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
· Some experience in wind turbine design and its components
· Experience in designing, qualifying supplier and fleet support for mechanical components
· Undergraduate specialization or equivalent knowledge or experience in Mechanical, Structural or Civil engineering
· Master’s Degree or equivalent knowledge or experience in mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering
· Working knowledge of 3D-CAD tools like UG
· Working knowledge of Ansys/Workbench or other finite element analysis tools
· Knowledge in main recognized design codes, guidelines and standards
· Knowledge in non-linear buckling analysis, fatigue analysis, structural dynamics and experimental validation
· Experience working with suppliers, OEMs or customers
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .