Services Engineering Blade Technical Leader
Description de l'offre
Greenville; Schenectady; Bangalore,
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
India, United States
The Services Engineering Blade Technical Leader will lead the Services blade design team in New Product Introduction (e.g. Repower, PowerUp, life extension), transactional, productivity and repair efforts. Will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes within Services and cross functionally. He/She will utilize expertise and be responsible for the design and analysis of wind blades for production and field support.
As the Services Engineering Blade Technical Leader, you will:
· Provide technical leadership and mentoring to blade engineers in program executions, blade design methodologies, and team growth
· Work closely with manager, program managers and rotor system engineer to assist blade resource assignment, blade task prioritizations among programs, and proper technical scoping of blade deliverables
· Own critical and technically challenging blade programs and develop blade solutions that are competitive in performance, cost and quality
· Execute design, analysis and testing of composite structures for wind turbine blades
· Participate actively in cross-segment efforts in wind blade design practice and standards review / improvement; develop and implement new design methodologies and tools for Services blade programs
· Lead and/or participate as a presenter and/or reviewer in technical and program reviews; responsible for the sign-off/approval of blade design and analysis documentation, e.g. Specifications, Design Practices, Bill of Materials (BOM)
· Work closely with system engineering, aerodynamics engineering and LM Wind Power for the creation and/or modification of blade design specifications
· Work with certification and testing institutes, support customer and due diligence activities
· Work with Sourcing, Manufacturing and Quality on supplier qualifications, NCRs, supplier deviation dispositioning and all technical issues related to Services offerings
· Execute the design, analysis or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
· Assure proper documentation of technical data (including Maintenance Manuals, Work Desk Instructions (WDI), Temporary Work Procedures (TWP), etc.) generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Structural or Materials Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of 5 years mechanical design engineering experience
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in wind blades design
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a project leadership role within an engineering environment
· Master's Degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering from an accredited university or college
· Strong engineering fundamentals such as attention to detail, good understanding of drawings, familiarity with geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, configuration management and product structure, design calculations, component system design and validation techniques
· Knowledge and experienced in FMEAs, GD&T, engineering drawings
· Demonstrated ability to accommodate for fast pace projects and changes in work scopes
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Experience with composite materials (design, analysis and testing)
· Proficient in ANSYS APDL finite element modeling techniques
· Proficient with CATIA Composite Grid Design and MATLAB
· Experience with Flex5 / Adams turbine load simulation
· Knowledge in Root Cause Analysis (8D process)
· Comfortable with situations involving problem solving in uncertain situations and ability to “figure” out solutions to non-typical problems.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work in a matrix team environment
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.