Corporate Global Research
As a Cybersecurity Research Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and developing cybersecurity solutions for embedded systems. You will lead and contribute to R&D programs aligned with GE’s businesses such as Aviation, Power, Renewables, and Healthcare as well as with U.S. Government Agencies such as DOD, DHS, DOE. The technologies developed under these programs will be matured and transitioned into GE business products.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Work with GE businesses to help transition cybersecurity concepts from early stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
• Work with US Government Agencies to help shape winning proposals and contribute to government funded projects that will create innovative solutions to protect the nation’s most critical infrastructure.
• Collaborate with Universities, Industrial Consortiums, Commercial Partners, and others to advance the state of the art in cybersecurity.
• Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool developers to provide the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense applications.
• Publish technical papers, file patents, and contribute to open source communities.
• Ph.D. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related disciplines OR Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of related experience OR a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Deep understanding of embedded system security requirements and related technologies.
• Knowledge of secure communication protocols and cryptography.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Ability to work in teams and across business functions.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters or Bachelors level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
• Experience with development of real-time embedded systems, microcontrollers, and FPGAs.
• Experience with Linux security and kernel development.
GE Research is GE's innovation engine where new ideas are originated, developed and productized to create a better world and deliver differentiated products across the company's industrial portfolio. These products span the aviation, power, transportation and health care sectors.
Today, we're a forward leaning, interdisciplinary organization, matching world-class innovation with market insights and industry connections to move faster and deliver better outcomes for GE’s businesses and customers.
We continue a strong track record in innovation and invention that began with our company's founder, Thomas Edison. GE scientists and engineers have distinguished themselves over time, amassing tens of thousands of patents, two Nobel prizes in chemistry and physics, and a list of inventions that have defined and redefined generation after generation.
This rich legacy of delivering transformative innovation is thriving now more than ever.
Discover how we’re seeing, moving and creating the future at https://www.ge.com/research/, meet our innovation giants at https://www.ge.com/research/people, search our open positions at http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with us on our social channels at https://twitter.com/GEResearch and https://www.linkedin.com/company/geresearch/.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).