Power Gas Power Systems
The Reciprocating Engine Regional Product Service Engineer will interface directly with customers, field & service personnel, sales and marketing teams, and design and development engineering teams to provide expert support to both the installed fleet and new installations. In this role, you will develop robust, cost-effective solutions to ensure safe and reliable equipment operation meeting customer needs.
As the Reciprocating Engine Regional Product Service Engineer, you will:
· Provide technical dispositions to customers for new unit installation and startup, issue resolution, risk mitigation and other outage work scopes
· Lead Root Cause Analyses of equipment issues / failures and present findings to customer(s)
· Coordinate support between engineering teams, commercial teams, manufacturing, service shops and suppliers to develop / implement technical solutions to meet customer needs and maximize equipment availability
· Be responsible to plan, execute, and document results of field validation tests conducted on engines installed on customer sites in support of product development programs and RCA corrective actions; input to FRACAS process
· Develop effective internal and external communications (Customer presentations, Service bulletins, Alert letters, etc.) to provide guidance on major issue resolution
· Communicate fleet and product issues to engineering teams, commercial teams, and product line leaders to identify new opportunities and drive development of effective offerings
· Partner with Design CoE on strategies for new product and improvement programs based on fleet data and customer feedback; recognition and communication of upgrade opportunities
· Participate in technical conferences as subject matter expert
· Travel to customer sites to support / resolve critical and/or safety related field issues
· Provide oversight of Key Customer Initiative report development, present report and recommendations to customer(s)
· Support internal stakeholders on creation of master validation plans on components, sub-systems, and complete engines
· Relate voice of customer on on-going field issues
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technical Degree from an accredited university or technical college (OR Associate's Degree in related technical field with a minimum of four years of experience in reciprocating engine / gas compression field)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a product, field and/or service engineer role ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability and willingness to travel 80% of time, domestically and internationally, as required
· Ability and willingness to work remotely, as required
· Minimum of 3 years of experience with reciprocating engine technology
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Gas Compression market, preferably in the Marcellus region
· Demonstrated ability to work with a cross-functional team
· Commercial sensitivity with a focus on customer needs
· Six Sigma certified or equivalent Quality certification
· Strong problem solving skill set
· Strong communication skills
· Proven interpersonal skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE Power’s Distributed Power business is a leading provider of engines, power equipment and services focused on generating power at or near the point of use. Distributed Power offers a diverse product portfolio that includes highly efficient, fuel-flexible, industrial gas engines generating 100 kW to 10 MW of power for numerous industries globally. In addition, the business provides life cycle support for more than 35,000 gas engines worldwide to help you meet your business challenges and success metrics – anywhere and anytime. Backed by our authorized service providers in more than 170 countries, GE‘s global service network connects with you locally for rapid response to your service needs. GE’s Distributed Power business is headquartered in Jenbach, Austria.
GE’s Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.