Description de l'offre
Aviation Supply Chain
The Production Supervisor Off-shift will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In the role of Production Supervisor Off-shift , you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. This role will be on either 2nd or 3rd shift supporting a group of employees involved in aircraft engine overhaul.
In addition, as the Production Supervisor Off-shift , you will:
· Direct the work activities of hourly skilled trade employees in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair aircraft engines
· Facilitate the hourly workforce by setting clear expectations on production output, EHS compliance, and quality workmanship
· Responsible for daily workforce job allocations and shift support coordination
· Perform administrative duties in a timely manner including:
· time and attendance
· workforce training requirements
· safety meetings
· Injury and Illness reporting
· work order and safety work order backlog control
· and overtime management
· Supervise and coordinate all contracted maintenance services such as roof repair, elevator repair, testing, and inspections, HVAC maintenance etc.
· Coordinate all repairs or maintenance activities between contractors, GE trade persons, and affected office occupants
· Schedule and validate all preventive maintenance of elevators and HVAC systems using the MAXIMO maintenance and work order system
· Develop project specific scopes of work, schedule, and manage larger office complex maintenance and repair projects.
· Develop and maintain a positive and respectful work climate with all employees
· Communicate to employees all business goals and objectives
· Assure compliance with all methods to ensure top quality products
· Responsible for the implementation and participation of all management initiatives
· Flexibility in schedule to work an Off-shift position
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a facilities role)
· 2 years aircraft engine or aircraft maintenance experience
· Minimum of 1 additional year of experience in a leadership role
· Ability and willingness to work an Off-shift position
· Repairmen's Certificate or A&P Certification
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university or college is preferred
· Prior experience in facility maintenance and project management is preferred
· Ability to interact with all levels of the workforce
· Ability to motivate and drive productivity among the work force using sound human relation skills
· Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.Learn More about GE
Start your career on the right path. Come see what you are missing!>Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.