Description de l'offre
Aviation Supply Chain
The Cell / Product Group Leader 5 - 2nd shift will oversee hourly employees with an open-door culture and provide technical direction for business operations. The Cell / Product Group Leader 5 - 2nd shift position will support daily operations along with supporting site Leadership in process improvement and managing time and attendance for employees.
The Cell / Product Group Leader 5 - 2nd shift individual must be flexible and willing to rotate to support on and off shift operations as needed to support shop operations.
· This is a 2nd shift position
The Cell / Product Group Leader 5 - 2nd shift will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes along with technical support for shop operations. In the role of Cell / Product Group Leader 5 - 2nd shift , you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, as the Cell / Product Group Leader 5 - 2nd shift , you will :
· Provide total cell / group leadership in the attainment of goals with respect to safety, quality, cost, production and compliance
· Provide technical direction for complex instrumentation and engine system troubleshooting
· Direct process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
· Lead cell / group to achieving goals in asset utilization, process / manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality, delivery and cost reduction
· Ensure communication of key business / customer issues to employees
· Provide total cell / group leadership to continuously improve manufacturing, test, assembly and process for all assigned products / processes
· Interface with other organizations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time
· Ongoing communication of key business / customer issues
· Provide ongoing support in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
· Participate in Cell / Team activities to meet identified goals
· Provide technical, quality and production leadership to assigned Cells / Teams
· Achieve highest levels of internal and external customer service
· Support cell leader in the strategic planning of manpower, equipment and other resources
· Advocate Six Sigma rigors to all functions within the cell(s)
· Flexibility in schedule to work an offshift position ( 2nd shift )
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing role)
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing leadership role
· Flexibility and willingness to rotate to support on and off shift operations as needed for shop operations support
· Ability and willingness to work an offshift position ( 2nd shift )
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college is preferred
· Strong analytical skills
· Previous experience with engine test or flight line work
· Prior experience as a process leader and with implementing productivity tools is preferred
· Strong organizational skills
· Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing / operations / engineering) is preferred (GE employees only)
· Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
· Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
People with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel
and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes.
Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:href=http://bit.ly/geconnections>@geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EHRyInf3_4>Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.