This role is responsible for aligning market insights with technology trends to assist Product Management in product planning and optimizing commercial execution though development of marketing and launch plans in coordination with HQ and regional modality teams. Identifies and develops opportunities for growth and market share gain. This position creates a regional product /portfolio strategy including product positioning and current portfolio for the Private segment for HCS business.
• Performing regional clinical and industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis and win/loss tracking to identify product and commercial strategies for growth.
• Hiring, directly supervising, compensating and developing effectively a team of professional marketers
• Quantifying and prioritizing market opportunity.
• Collecting and prioritizing product introduction and improvement recommendations and analyzing competitive landscape.
• Identifying budget requirements to insure proper execution
• Orchestrating research and other customer collaborations to assess market and customer environments and to discover unmet needs, buying cycles and personas. Identifying customers’ clinical and economic needs, values and desired benefits. Building a regional market requirements document that prioritizes customer sub-segments and business opportunities.
• Identifying and assessing market and distribution risks, and developing a plan to mitigate those risks.
• Working with HQ and Regional Product Marketing and Modality Sales team to provide input to the product development road map and to develop, test and prototype new product ideas and offering.
• Working with each modality's Product Marketing to perform installed base analysis in order to define programs needed to improve customer loyalty, share of wallet and retention. Collaborating with Product Management to include these programs on product road maps.
• Developing a plan and budget for evidence generation to support selected NPI’s and installed base products suited for the Private customer segment.
• Developing inputs to support business case for NPI (incl. target pricing) and product positioning
• Defining brand (naming & trademarks), value proposition(s), and competitive positioning claims road map for new and existing products.
• Interviewing professional societies and advocacy groups to identify and select KOL’s for thought leadership and awareness building. Supporting development of regional KOL’s in collaboration with modality's Product Marketing.
• Building and executing product launch plan, including value proposition, segmentation / positioning, awareness & advocacy strategies, channel strategy and sales enablement (in coordination with modality's Product Marketing).
• Coordinating development of marketing assets and product training materials (in cooperation with modality's Product Marketing).
• Developing programs that improve the customer experience of the installed base in support of installed base retention.
• Developing and managing budget needed to execute marketing plan, and ensure timely implementation of programs in marketing plan
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
2. 12+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
3. Prior experience in a leadership role with direct reports
4. Leadership skills to lead and/or influence teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
5. Excellent oral and written communications skills, both in Chinese and English
6. Ability to motivate and lead a team of reports
7. Strong analytical and process skills
1. MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
2. 15+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
3. Deep marketing expertise in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
4. Healthcare product/industry acumen
5. Experience in large Imaging medical devices
6. Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
7. Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse and cross-functional teams
8. Influencing skills – ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com