Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
GE Lighting has an exciting co-op opportunity with the “Connected Home” / "Smart Home" team as Product Development on mobile devices (Android, iOS) and multiple Linux platforms
( June 2020- December 2020 ). Co-op must be available to work throughout the duration of the program.
In addition you will :
· Assist with building, maintaining and executing an automated test infrastructure for a multiplatform IoT product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation and performance
· Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies to assess product quality
· Will work closely with network team, Product Development, Marketing and other internal teams to develop test cases that represent end-user scenarios and use cases
· Provide technical expertise in support of program management, field implementation, safety, and product development
· Development on mobile devices (Android, iOS) and multiple Linux platforms
· Must be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited college / university program pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or a related discipline.
· Current Junior or Senior classification in Bachelor's program or Master's standing who has completed at least one previous co-op or internship
· Must be in good academic standing, with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
· Must be able to work full time during the semester (40 hours/week) for 6 months
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· Development experience on mobile devices (Android, iOS) and multiple Linux platforms
· Passion for a career in technology
· Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
· Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
· Experience with test / development as part of a product development preferably with consumer oriented products
· Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
· Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
· Excellent communication skills
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
· Knowledge in software quality and testing methodologies
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
GE Lighting: Bringing the Future to Light
We started with the light bulb, an invention that fulfilled the basic human desire to see and experience more of the world. Today, light still delivers on that promise. But, it does so much more.
At GE Lighting, we’re not just reinventing the light bulb. We’re reinventing the productivity, wellness and security that comes with it. We’re extending beyond the bulb to access new markets, we’re scaling smart and we’re leading in a world where lighting drives value in our homes from the socket to the switch to the smart phone…and the cloud in between.
Our innovators think bigger and bolder to deliver for our customers and transform spaces no one else has, and we’re using that grit to lead into the next 130 years, where new outcomes and opportunities are robust…yet still as simple as screwing in a light bulb.
GE Lighting. Bringing the Future to Light.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).