Role Summary/Purpose Responsible for advanced Power Systems Application software development and successful delivery of assigned functions to meet corporate project/product commitments. The responsibilities include: working with Electric Utilities or ISOs (Independent System Operators) and Transmission and Distribution System Operators on functional software specifications, designing, coding, testing, integration, application tuning and delivery.
· Provides domain and/or technical leadership to a team of electricity Transmission Power System application software engineers.
· Contributes and leads electricity Transmission application development in the context of customer commercial projects and ensures related software deliveries are on schedule, within budget and meets or exceeds customer satisfaction expectations
· Promote and demonstrate best practices and high quality software development processes
· Writes documents for new project tasks, such as Design notes, testing procedures, etc.
· Works with the Transmission Power System application Team lead and Group manager to allocate and re-assign staff resources as needed
· Provides effort estimates for new project tasks
· Supports sales efforts through tendering, customer demos and customer training
· Actively participates to thought-leadership initiatives in front of customers promoting next generation of solutions anticipating and driving new customer needs
· Acts as a coach / mentor to grow and develop junior staff Qualifications/Requirements
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with thesis or related work in power systems.
· Requires eight (8) years development or project delivery experience in power systems
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Recognizes patterns and complexity in problems. Extracts decomposition algorithms, and strategically plans how to execute programs by understanding how best to decompose to expose / protect against risk.
· Defines product vision. Lays out product roadmap. Maps current requirements to industry trends, analyses competition trends.
· Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified). Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile. Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
· Prioritizes projects based on an assessment of competitive needs. Anticipates areas of competitive vulnerability and offers plans to mitigate them.
· Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends. Acts as industry expert by participating in defining standards and open source initiatives.
· Establishes framework for a culture of successful collaboration by defining a common understanding of who has decision rights and accountability, and how collaboration and transparency are rewarded.
· Establishes vision, Identifies and champions internal/external best practices, tools, and ideas to improve execution and quality. Drives an organization of efficiency, accountability and ownership
· Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
· Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions. Evangelizes and contributes to the GE standards for critical thinking best practices and methodologies across the enterprise. Defines new critical thinking methods. Engages with external thought-leaders and communities on analytical and critical thinking methodologies.
· Evangelizes the notion that anything worth doing takes repeated effort and failure. Drives the organization toward a continued excitement of attaining the vision and goal in the face of resistance.
· Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).