Healthcare Global Law & Policy
The candidate will support on-going litigation, investigation, and compliance matters across GE Healthcare, including support for litigation discovery and investigation interviews. The candidate will also administratively support the Litigation & Investigations and Compliance organizations within GE Healthcare Legal.
At GE Healthcare, we embrace challenges, differences and thinking that is bigger than us, so that we can innovate and unlock opportunities for us, our customers, and their patients
1. Work closely with attorneys and professionals within the Litigation & Investigations and Compliance organizations
2. Draft correspondence and amendments to document
3. Work closely with business attorneys and business units to respond to any requests, including responses to subpoenas, discovery requests, preparing documentation, and managing files
4. Manage tracking and updating of all key litigation, investigations, and subpoenas in process or closed
5. Monitoring calendar of cases and subpoenas to meet upcoming deadlines
6. Assist with invoicing and quarterly budgeting tasks
7. Coordinate logistics for meetings with, or interviews of, GE Healthcare employees
8. Interact with GE personnel globally at all levels, particularly the compliance organization, internal business staff, outside consulting and law firms
9. Manage all types of daily correspondence to ensure timely response and appropriate prioritization
10. Organize and arrange schedules for team, coordinate calendars, trip planning, travel, expenses, appointments, and meetings
11. Support legal department teams as back-up for other legal administrators
12. Assist with basic legal research, including the use of Westlaw
13. Help conduct reviews and summaries of routine and complex materials
14. Assisting with Document Retention Holds and electronic discovery
15. Create slides and other materials for internal and external meetings
16. Work on special projects as may be determined by the Litigation & Investigations and Compliance teams.
1. Minimum of 5 years demonstrated Administrative and Litigation paralegal experience in a corporate or professional business environment, supporting the activities of a department/team or senior manager,
2. Strong time management skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment,
3. Strong oral and written English communication skills, including grammar and composition, ability to speak and read Spanish would be a plus, but is not required,
4. Excellent PC skills with advanced level skills in all Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Mail) and previous demonstrated experience navigating the Internet effectively,
5. Demonstrated experience working on multiple projects with more than one team member simultaneously, adjusting to changing priorities and follow through on all assignments,
6. Must be able to maintain security of highly confidential information—discretion and confidentiality required,
7. Must be able to work self-directed with an ability to multi-task, 8. Must be willing and able to flex work hours periodically based on business needs.
1. Solid project management skills working on multiple projects and balancing priorities,
2. Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization,
3. Ability to work well independently and in a team setting,
4. Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change and work in ambiguous situations,
5. Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others,
6. Change agent, process oriented, global mindset,
7. Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate business issues in an easy to understand manner,
8. Execution and follow through: Ability to move project/issue from visionary stage to completion.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health - digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).