GE Power Portfolio
Power Portfolio Nuclear
In this role, you are part of a team responsible for safe operations at GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy’s Morris Operation facility (MO), a commercial nuclear waste storage facility. You will be assigned to a rotating shift, and independently conduct various operating, maintenance, and nuclear safety activities.
As a Operations Technician – GEH Morris Operation, you will:
· Uphold GEH Morris’ nuclear safety culture, where work is performed with an overriding priority on integrity, safety, security and quality.
· Perform rounds, monitor facility and equipment to ensure compliance and safe operation.
· Independently conduct various operating, maintenance, and nuclear safety assignments.
· Operate equipment/systems, including chillers, filtration, ventilation, and electric plant systems
· Perform equipment repair and preventive maintenance
· Operate radiological survey equipment, perform area radiological surveys and decontamination work, maintain radiological reports, logs, and records
· Operate forklifts, cranes, and other heavy equipment, as needed.
· As back shift emergency coordinator, take initial actions to stabilize site during off-normal conditions
· Maintain shift status reports, logs, and records
· Ensure compliance with all compliance, safety and quality regulations through use of procedures, compliance calendars, databases and tracking systems.
· Must work with minimum supervision, exercising independent judgment relative to techniques and methods pertinent to assigned area of responsibility.
· High School Diploma / GED
· Minimum 5 years of commercial or military nuclear systems and operational experience. Experience must include mechanical systems proficiency. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability and willingness to pass background check and site security requirements to obtain and maintain access to safeguards, and unescorted access to protected GEH Morris Operations areas.
· Ability and willingness to work in radiation-controlled areas and radioactively contaminated areas, utilizing prescribed PPE.
· Must be medically and mentally capable of wearing appropriate respiratory equipment, including full-face masks, for entire shift. Must be capable of wearing hearing protection equipment.
· Considerable physical effort will be applied in machine and equipment repair. Intermittent lifting of up to 50 pounds and manipulating of bulky, heavy machine tools and parts. Exposure to awkward positions during maintenance tasks.
· Long periods of standing may be required. Climbing, bending, and stooping required.
· Must be able to operate motorized fork trucks, hand trucks, and overhead cranes.
· Exposed to ladders, pits, scaffolds, etc. Must be able to climb and work at elevated levels.
· Ability and willingness to complete the following training: Class A Safety, First Aid / CPR, Operator, Watchman, forklift, and crane.
· Ability and willingness to complete Emergency Coordinator Certification
· Ability and willingness to work overtime and shift variations as needed
· Ability to operate a computer.
· Pump and valve maintenance experience
· Experience with troubleshooting, installation and/or servicing of industrial HVAC systems
· Health physics/radiological controls background
· Proficiency in fluid systems theory and operations
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite
· Effective problem identification and resolution skills. Strong math skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) is a world-leading provider of advanced reactor technology, fuel, and nuclear services. The alliance combines GE’s design expertise and history delivering reactors, fuels and services globally with Hitachi’s proven experience in advanced modular construction to offer customers around the world the technological leadership required to effectively enhance reactor performance, power output and safety.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.