Aviation Digital Solutions
Work on a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop optimization solutions for the aviation industry! We're seeking an innovative and inventive individual to collaborate on the conception, design, implementation and maintenance of optimization algorithms. Bring your expertise in data modeling and analysis, large scale linear and integer programming, and meta-heuristic solution design to develop efficient optimization algorithms!
· Provide expertise within multi-disciplinary team of professionals to tackle difficult industrial problems
· Collaborate with partners to identify relevant industry problems
· Define next generation problems arising in aviation
· Evaluate available data and existing methodologies
· Propose creative solutions to large-scale and often ill-defined problems
· Participate in implementation, test and evaluation of solution methodologies
· Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related Engineering degree
· Minimum 5 years of industry or research experience OR a Master’s Degree or PhD with 0 - 3 years of industry or research experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Advanced degree in a quantitative field (i.e. Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related Engineering degree)
· Creative problem solving skills and able to work with multiple stakeholders
· Ability to work directly with current and prospective clients
· Exposure to large and dynamic problems
· 3 years building models and developing algorithms for mathematical programming
· 3 years researching and building optimization-based solutions
· 1 - 2 years in object-oriented programming (C++ preferred, including STL)
· 2+ years exposure to production software and software engineering profiling and memory management tools
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).