The Process Engineer will be responsible for the polymer membrane process execution and continuous improvement for filtration technology intended for use in biopharmaceutical manufacturing. Focus will surround the membrane manufacturing process and equipment for the development of new and improving existing membrane filtration products and processes. The engineer will perform both routine and innovative technical work in both laboratory and manufacturing environments.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Establish expertise with polymer extrusion and membrane fabrication.
2. Apply chemical engineering principles with process engineering experience to establish modern processes to manufacture hollow fiber and improve reproducibility and quality of both existing and new products.
3. Conduct and support experiments and engineering studies to broaden the fundamental understanding of membrane production and processes.
4. Work collaboratively with other project team members (e.g. membrane scientists, application engineers, manufacturing engineers, assembly/automation engineers, and QA) to ensure the products meet the user needs and design specifications.
5. Characterize all aspects of process variables (inputs/outputs) of membrane manufacturing processes.
6. Create strategies for verification and validation, perform verification tests, and conduct analysis of the test results to ensure complete verification of the requirements and validation of system performance.
7. Identify, analyze, own, and drive technical issues to resolution.
8. Participate in the preparation and review of performance and functional requirements, risk management, and other project documents.
9. Actively participate in site EHS program.
1. A bachelors in Chemical Engineering or related field.
2. Mechanical aptitude and history of hands-on ability.
3. Knowledgeable with polymer and solvent processing and material compatibility.
4. Demonstrated competency with working effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
5. Proven oral presentation and technical writing skills.
6. Proven ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects and deliver on their objectives.
7. Ability to work in an industrial, chemical manufacturing environment
1. Masters degree
2. Experience with equipment used in the manufacture of hollow fiber, fiber spinning, melt spinning, and wet spinning.
3. Familiarity with cross-flow filtration.
4. General knowledge or experience with pumps and related plumbing.
5. Experience with technical or project leadership.
6. Experience working in a cross-functional, global team environment.
7. Skilled with statistical analysis and its application to design verification and validation.
8. Experienced working in ISO9000 or 13485 environments, with regulatory compliance processes and creation of design history files.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).