Marlborough or Field Based
Healthcare Life Sciences
Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
The Medical Information Officer is responsible for the provision of medical information support to external and internal stakeholders, areas of focus include radiopharmaceuticals and devices used in Nuclear Medicine and PET. The primary focus is operating the medical affairs call center addressing medical information inquiries related to the radiopharmaceuticals and devices available from GE Healthcare Pharmaceutical Diagnostics.
· Ensures that all medical information inquiries from health care providers (HCPs) are addressed and recorded with the highest level of support practicable within a reasonable amount of time.
· Researches and provides full answers to technical /medical inquiries, liaising with the internal medical experts, medical directors and assistant medical directors when required.
· Ensures that medical information inquiries are screened for potential or actual adverse events or product complaints and these are reported to Pharmacovigilance or Quality teams in a timely manner, as appropriate.
· Compliantly supplies relevant scientific papers as requested and required by HCPs.
· Provides fair and balanced, reactive communication with HCPs.
· Assists the Medical Affairs leadership team in impact and strategy assessment of medical information trends.
· Maintains working knowledge of GE Healthcare’s radiopharmaceuticals and devices used in nuclear medicine and PET.
· Represents US Canada (USCAN) GE Healthcare Medical Affairs department at key scientific conferences, in compliance with industry regulations, when and if needed.
· Facilitates team communication and the sharing of best practices.
· Acts as a mentor to provide clinical, technical, and professional guidance to the field teams.
· Maintains current clinical and professional certifications.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the life sciences.
· At least 3 years of experience working with radiopharmaceuticals and/or molecular imaging in a clinical or scientific environment.
· Demonstrated commitment to customer service
· Recent clinical or relevant experience in a nuclear medicine or PET imaging role, specifically with DaTscan or comparable radiopharmaceuticals products.
· An understanding of literature database access and searching
· Strong both written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrate ability to communicate scientific information effectively to a range of internal and external stakeholders across therapeutic areas.
· Strong personal computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite of products.Excellent communication skills
· Self-motivated and confident team player with attention to detail.
· Attention to detail and ability to work independently and with a team and provide a link between all medical information operations.
· Ability to travel - approximately 10% of the time
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· PharmD and PD degrees are preferred.
· Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.) certification in Nuclear Medicine Technology or Nuclear Medicine Certification Board (NMTCB) is preferred.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than
11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE
Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the
journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge
technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future.
We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).