Healthcare Pharmaceutical Diagnostics
The Medical Advisor will provide support to the commercial activities, research, marketing, and safety issues within the Region consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.
They will have responsibility of acting as a medical expert for the company’s key pharmaceutical products within Pharmaceutical Diagnostics of GEHC (MRI/US/x-ray contrast media, nuclear medicine products, pharmacological stress agent) in the Region (Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia).They will be recognized as a key partner to their commercial partners and seen as adding medical value to the business.
Respond to information inquiries including drug safety issues. To ensure medical accuracy of promotional materials and approve accordingly.
• Approval of promotional and other materials in accordance with appropriate regulations.
• Qualified communication of product data in discussions with customers and KOL as well as customer letters, preparation and performance of medical presentations in clinical settings and at scientific meetings.
• Preparation and delivery of training materials to support new staff as well as continuing training and support of the existing staff on emerging and marketed products and clinical evidence.
• Key role in presenting business cases and key clinical evidence to regional and national meetings of key referral groups.
• Providing an additional and important contact point for relationships with Key Opinion Leaders especially in the Radiology, Cardiology, Neurology and Urology specialties.
• Involved in the dissemination of clinical paper summaries and disease area information.
• Participation at regional and national scientific meetings as requested.
• Involvement in the assessment and monitoring of investigator initiated trials.
• Provide medical leadership to the commercial, marketing, and R&D organizations.
• Support of Ph IV and non-interventional studies (NIS).
• Perform budget reviews and performance appraisals.
Quality Specific Goals:
•Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Timely and complete provision of all information with respect to Investigator initiated trial within the region for the product in which they act as medical expert
• Understand and apply the regional regulations with respect to approval of promotional materials
• Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
• Experience in any of the radiology, nuclear medicine, cardiology, neurology or urology specialties as a medical/scientific advisor.
• Good commercial acumen and experience in a commercial environment.
• Fluent in English (both written and oral) and any other language.
• Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills to a range of internal and external customers
• Willing to travel
• Self-motivated and confident team player with attention to detail.
• 3-5 year of experience in a medical affairs role in the pharmaceutical industry.
• A doctorate degree and licensed within their respective specialty.
• Experience of approving promotional materials in accordance with the appropriate regulations.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com