Power Power Services
As the Mechanical Maintenance Technician , you will perform safety inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs and replacement of machine tools, crane, welding and miscellaneous equipment throughout the entire facility.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician you will:
· Perform safety inspections of tools and equipment
· Utilize Computerized Maintenance System to document repairs and preventative maintenance
· Use and maintain electronic maintenance logs
· Troubleshoot, perform preventive maintenance and repair sandblasting equipment, piping systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, machine tools, cranes, welding and other equipment
· High school Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 year of experience in electrical and / or mechanical maintenance related fields
· Minimum of 2 years experience reading blueprints
· Minimum 1 year of experience in manufacturing environment ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Three-Shift Operation: Must be able to work any shift
· Ability and willingness to work overtime, various shifts, holidays and weekends, as required
· Ability and willingness to performs mechanical and electrical emergency repairs while "On Call"
· Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment
· Ability and willingness to perform work in adherence to OSHA, ANSI and applicable regulations
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· Millwright Apprenticeship completion or Millwright Card + 1 year Machine Tool experience (milling, lathe, drills)
· Willing to work as a team member or alone
· Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 1 year of experience in mechanical maintenance related fields
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).