Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The Manufacturing Engineer will support the shop floor's execution on safety, quality, and delivery through the continuous improvement and ownership of the manufacturing processes and parts in Long Island.
· Partner with Quality, Engineering, Operations, and Materials to drive safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements
· Define and control production process including tooling and equipment
· Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment
· Improve processes to reduce cycles and cost by focusing on waste elimination
· Collaborate on design for manufacturing and drive production readiness
· Resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, operations or related field
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong problem solving skills
· Electronics manufacturing experience with IPC-610 / J-STD
· Understanding and applied learning of lean concepts and/or Six Sigma certification
· Resourceful self starter with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional and remote teams
· 7 (Seven) years of hands-on experience in process improvement, manufacturing engineering, operations, or engineering
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.