Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The Lead Manufacturing Training Specialist will provide expertise in assessing technical learning needs at the GE Aviation-Norwich facility, designing and delivering training solutions based on Aviation specifications
· Provide expertise in analyzing learning needs, designing training solutions for a manufacturing business or function
· Provide expertise in analyzing learning needs and designing training solutions for GE Aviation – Norwich
· Primary focus on technical training related to manufacturing, quality, and shop procedures
· Deliver the training content or make logistical arrangements for training programs
· Develop new solutions under guidance based upon manufacturing requirements and specifications for the organization
· Work together with business leadership to fulfill training requirements
· Specify needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
· Work on cross functional teams
· Develops relationships with local colleges, universities, trade schools, etc.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in Training Design and Delivery
· Knowledge of GD&T (Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing)
· Ability to learn and instruct a variety of manufacturing processes
· Prior technical instructional experience and design of technical curriculum at a post-secondary level
· Ability to find and provide relevant resources, media or instruction, that will introduce new industrial techniques to the technical team
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.