Aviation Supply Chain
• Plan, conduct and monitor quality of a product line including incoming, in-process and final inspection of parts and shall be accountable for on-time inspection of parts to meet the customer demand with utmost focus on quality objectives
• Shall be responsible for total compliance to Quality Management System and Lead key initiatives; align the function with business goals to support 2x growth of the business Year-Over-Year
• Use experience and expertise to perform the assigned tasks himself and provide leadership to quality inspectors, mentor & train them and ensure their skill enhancement continuously.
• Own Quality Metrics including COQ, FPY, DPU, Escaping Defects, Customer Issue Resolution, On-Time Qualification etc. for the product line
• Work closely with AME Team to manage digitization of key quality metrics, deployment of Quality module in MES etc. and also support Lean initiatives (re-layout/ resource optimization/ automation etc.)
• Calibration Management of all gauges / instruments / fixtures; deploy smart gauges (blue tooth enabled) to help accelerate digitization of manufacturing operations
• Assist Manufacturing in investigations of process related quality issues
• Tracking and controlling the rejection by raising alarm/ NC with immediate effect and maintaining CoQ as per organizational requirements
• Involved in Kaizen and other process improvements like suggestion activities
• Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office
• Calibration activity of all Measuring and testing instruments at in-house and sub-contracting.
• Manage MRB & RTV and ensure on-time disposition / drive supplier recovery as applicable; also maintain critical supplier score card
• Participate in HPT Team discussions (HPT = High Performance Teams) and provide insights on quality, quality escapes and issue resolution, RCA, CAPA etc.
• Shall be familiar with manufacturing processes including assembly, torqueing, etc
• Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor
• Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
• Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
• Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
• Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
• Responsible for Driving Quality in products and processes and establishing process for ensuring meeting the Customer expectations
• Responsible for collect and compile statistical quality data
• Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
• Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
• Marinate reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
• Proactively identifying areas of obstruction / breakdowns and take steps to rectify the problem at early stage
• Education: Diploma in in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering from a reputed college /university
• 2-3 years hands on experience in Quality Function mainly for inspection of cabinets or electrical panels.
• Shall be willing to work in shifts to meet the organizational goals.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across levels
The candidate shall be highly energetic and passionate with positive attitude. Shall be able to explain clearly business drivers and organizational objectives to team
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com