GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy COEs
Want to be a pioneer in a fast-growing area of HR? Have a mathematical or statistical background and interested in HR? HR functions are on the edge of shifting to Data Driven decisions, utilising data on their most important asset – people. The GE Renewable Energy HR team are looking for a graduate intern with a data science background to join the Strategic Workforce Planning & HR Operations team and help implement more data driven decision making within HR.
A 12-month internship focusing on embedding data science into the HR processes within GE Renewable Energy HR Team.
Essential duties and responsibilities might typically include the following but other duties and responsibilities might be assigned:
· Support HR Leadership team with people related data driven insights taken from statistical analyses of HR data sets.
· Summarise and provide graphical visualisations on key people metrics such as diversity, attrition, promotions and more.
· Lead on development of key algorithms around attrition, diversity, culture, and other important people metrics.
· Partner with HR leaders on designing data research, defining hypotheses, data collection and running multiple different statistical models.
· Effectively use HR reporting tools and dashboards to provide ad hoc support to HR leadership team.
· Assist in development on future of work steering committee and educational material for HR team.
· Assisting in monitoring of data quality and holding HRMs accountable with their data ownership.
· Bachelor, Masters, or Ph.D. in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or related scientific field of study.
· Coursework in statistics and application of statistical tools.
· Working knowledge of Tableau.
· Fluency in English, with polite, professional communication skills.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of applied statistical techniques and
statistical packages, i.e. R, Python, SPSS or other.
· Ability to prioritise multiple tasks & work to deadlines.
· Previous experience where you’ve proven success in a highly professional Customer Operations or HR role, ideally within a multinational organisation is an advantage.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite with expert skills in MS Excel (Macros, Pivot Tables), Access, and PowerPoint.
· Experience with R or Python an advantage.
· Superior analytical skills with the ability to assess data and trends using both
quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
· Have a strong work ethic, organisation skills, the desire to learn and is not afraid
to ask questions.
· Keen interest in HR strongly preferred.
· Must have excellent written, verbal, and problem-solving communication skills.
· Strong sense of urgency.
· Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanour and ability to communicate
with employees of all levels.
· High level of technical/system acumen – has the level of technical skills required
to execute data extraction, data mining and reporting from a variety of workforce systems.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com