GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Onshore Wind Global Functions
New York, South Carolina
Technical Engineering Interns are the pipeline for GE Renewable Energy’s Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP). EEDP is an intensive program for people who have a real passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share in GE's core beliefs. This is a 2-year rotational program designed to accelerate your professional development through intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments.
If you love technology, sustainability, and want a career in engineering, a technical internship at GE Renewable Energy is for you! Assignments are engineering projects taking on the world’s toughest challenges - clean and affordable energy - and motivated by real business priorities.
Technical Engineering Interns at GE Renewable Energy experience technically challenging, meaningful, and creative assignments in all segments of our Renewable Energy business, including assignments in Onshore Wind, LM Wind Power, Grid Solutions, Hybrids, and potentially Offshore Wind and Hydro. As an Intern, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of high priority teams, potentially including product design, systems, component design (such as towers, machine head, power conversion), controls and operability, advanced technology and manufacturing, testing and validation, aerodynamics, performance, quality, services, cost-out, and more.
EEDP graduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively and continually make creative contributions to GE's future.
Interns who are applicable candidates (rising undergraduate seniors or graduating master’s candidates) will be able to interview for the EEDP program while they are interns at GE. All internships will take place between May and August 2021, staggered by school schedules.
· Students must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in an engineering discipline as listed below from an ABET accredited university.
· Applicable Majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering. Other Engineering majors such as: Aero Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, or other Energy related majors will be considered.
· GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 overall.
· Preference will be given to persons with 3.2/4.0 overall or higher GPA in the majors noted
· Strong dedication to a career in technology and a real passion for engineering
· Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving, learning agility
· Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
· Demonstrated and enthusiastic leadership and teambuilding skills
· Strong team and interpersonal skills, ability to work in project teams in an international environment
· Proven scholastic achievements and proactive leadership skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).