GE Gas Power
Gas Power Operations
The GE Gas Power Gas Turbine Training Instructor will be responsible for the delivery of training curriculum for the Gas Turbine courses for Internal and external customers including but not limited to, Filed Engineers, Crafts, Customer operation, maintenance and management staff.
The GE Gas Power Gas Training Delivery Team is chartered with the delivery of state-of-the-art Internal and external customer technical training courses providing operations and maintenance training for the GE Gas Power business to apply across the energy cycle.
As the GE Gas Power Gas Turbine Training Instructor, you will:
· Conduct training sessions using approved training materials and is directly involved with revising training materials when updates needed.
· Be responsible for delivery of training on Gas Turbine operation and maintenance, as well as, entry level and advanced technical training courses on GE Gas turbine operation for, Customer, FE, Crafts, O&M site personals.
· Work closely with the Training Design & Development, Gas Turbine Design and Product Engineering, New Product Introduction (NPI), Repair Technology Center of Excellence (RTCoE) teams to deliver current, cutting edge technology training to meet fulfillment needs
· Input on course scheduling & logistics per strategic business requests
· Document & record keeping (leverage technical reference materials where appropriate in training session, update course material and conduct student performance evaluations)
· Train class attendees with state-of-the-art content in the safest, most efficient manner
· Own & drive course content improvement, delivering on specific session Critical to Quality (CTQ)'s
· Leverage business subject matter experts as extended training team members
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of work experience related to Gas Turbine power generation, Operations (GE or/and other OEMs)
· Ability and willingness to travel to 20 % of the time to customer sites, as required
· Adult technical teaching course delivery or equivalent training experience
· Desire to instruct
· Maintenance and repair experience on GE Gas Turbine and Auxiliary equipment (GE employees only)
· Gas Turbine Operation experience
· Demonstrated ability to work within a matrix and global Environment
· Flexible and willing to learn and teach new technologies
· Strong attention to detail, disciplined and organized
· GE Gas Turbine (GT) Field Engineering Program (FEP) (ELT) or Direct Hire (DH) Graduate (GE employees only)
· Gas Turbine Start-up Program graduate or equivalent experience
· Subject matter expert level Gas Turbine product knowledge
· Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and be a team player
· Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
· Six Sigma Green Belt certified or equivalent quality certification
· Fluency in the English language
· Equivalent military or industry experience related to power generation maintenance or operations.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).