The Controller provides technical Controllership guidance to both finance and operations leaders for a specialist area within controllership, and/or support to Regional controller. The Controller may manage controllership team.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis
• Drive consistent and effective policies and procedures during monthly/quarterly close process including account reconciliations, account reconciliation audits, GE Data Request (DR) submissions, representation letters and adjusting entries.
• Monitor & Drive GE and GEHC initiatives, simplification projects and integration projects. Provide leadership on these projects.
• Plan and budget the resources necessary to complete all activities on-time and in accordance with authoritative guidance.
• Ensure that the balance sheet account reconciliations are completed within corporate guidelines
• Ensure US, GE & local GAAP finance records are maintained in timely, accurate and complete fashion
• Ensure Controllership & Compliance of all Finance Activities & Documentation within Local Statutory, GE Corporate & Business practices, policies & requirements
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
• Proactively lead adherence to GE GAPs
• Perform quality assurance on all documentation.
• Research and advise on complex technical accounting issues
• Support commercial and operations leaders/teams to understand financial/accounting implications of transactions and other matters by providing GE expertise and technical accounting guidance.
• Reports finance status and key metrics to the Business Regional Controller
• Special projects related to internal control over financial operations & reporting as determined by Business Regional Controller & Saudi CFO.
• Drive business growth through simplification processes with P&L and Functional Finance Leaders
• Participate in annual pre-close and monthly controllership reviews with key operations and financial management personnel.
• Partner with GE Corporate Audit Staff and Internal audit for internal GE compliance reviews. Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk. Lead resulting corrective action process implementation and follow up throughout the organization.
• Perform financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes.
• Manage relationship with auditors to drive efficient & effective audit processes (audit planning, debrief meeting, audit fees etc.)
• Partner with GEHC Tax leader to manage the relationship with Tax Advisors to drive efficient & effective tax processes (CIT/ VAT/WHT tax returns preparation, tax audit support, FAS 109 completion)
• Ensure readiness for tax field audits and establish right archiving mechanism for processes owned by GEHC and monitor/test archiving mechanism for processes owned by business teams and BPOs and ensure compliance to GE Map 20.20
• Work closely with financial and operational leadership to pro-actively assess and manage financial risk. Identify potential risks & opportunities and communicate effectively. Interpret finance risks & opportunities to local circumstances & present workable solutions
· Graduate BA/BSc or MBA in finance with progressive accounting & finance experience including developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews
· Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP, local GAAP and authoritative accounting literature (i.e. FASB pronouncements)
· 1Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
· Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
· Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
· Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
· Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
· Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills
· Experience working in a matrix environment
· Experience leading in a global business environment; minimum of two years’ experience leading team members
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com