GE Global Operations
Global Operations Tax & Value Added Tax
The STAT team provides expert professional services to GE businesses and Corporate entities including preparation and review of Canadian GAAP financial statements and provides technical accounting consultations and other transaction advisory services. Supports Operational Controllership, Statutory & Tax accounting and compliance in the country for the Shared, Corporate and Biz Legal Entities.
As an integral member of the Operational Controllership, STAT and TAX COE team, you will be responsible for the following:
· Preparation & review of complex multi-business financial statements by ensuring they are accurately prepared and meet disclosure requirements under Canadian GAAP.
· Coordinate and review appropriate accounting for special transactions
· Provide consultation on accounting issues to GE businesses (primarily in ASPE - Canadian GAAP).
· Lead or participate in special advisory engagements for Canadian businesses on accounting issues or complex transactions (M&A, divestitures, restructuring.)
· Review financial processes at GE businesses, provide observations on areas for improvements and highlight best practices among st other GE businesses or in the industry
· Participate in the internal initiatives focused on improving the quality of professional services delivered by the team
· Other tasks required of a Financial Analyst who consistently adds value by assisting in improving business practices and profitability on behalf of stakeholders.
· Supports transformation and operational activities for the OC, statutory accounting and reporting & Tax preparation & filing in Country, for the Region assigned, driving completion of the statutory accounts, stat to gap and stat to tax calculations, among others in a timely manner.
· Ensure fulfillment of all local obligations from a statutory perspective.
· Support tax team on CIT and all other tax matters, with timely and clear information, as well as any back up required.
· Complete all e-compliance task, ensuring accurate information.
· An accounting or finance designation - CPA strongly preferred or in the process of being pursued.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills; the ability to identify problems/issues, evaluate related impacts and take appropriate actions to resolution with a strong controllership mindset.
· Attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality deliverables
· The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Special Consideration will be given to candidates with:
o Technical proficiency in US GAAP and ASPE
· Experience preparing financial statements in either Big 4 firms or Business environment.
· Good understanding of Financial Systems and Strong Project Management Experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
· Strong organizational skills; the abilities to set priorities and meet critical deadlines
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services. We operate worldwide, transfer knowledge and work with
every GE business to make our company simpler, better and more customer-focused. Our culture promotes
innovation, knowledge sharing, and collaboration in an open office environment that has leaders both sitting and
working alongside their team. We’re looking for entrepreneurial problem-solvers who are passionate about exploring
new, efficient ways of working, while gaining exposure across multiple industries. Join the team and help us deliver
tomorrow’s GE, today.