San Francisco Bay Area
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) I performs on time and accurate Preventative Maintenance in one or more modalities of equipment. The FSE1 is aware of and follows all Field Modification
Instructions and/or Instrument Service Information bulletins. Works with experienced FieldEngineers, both onsite and remotely, to learn troubleshooting, repair and equipment installation
techniques. Responsible for driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
This position will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
· Learn to complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance, FMIs and/or ISIs. Assist
more experienced field engineers with equipment installation.
· Work with experienced field engineers on basic troubleshooting and service repair needs on
· Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
· Learn to effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up,
leading to customer satisfaction.
· Partner with the customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer
run their business more efficiently.
· Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs
and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times.
· Utilize the GEHC escalation process, as needed, and work closely with region and national
support to define and implement corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely
· Serve as a member of the account community for key accounts. Effectively engage
commercial counterparts, identify potential sales leads, participate in sales opportunities such as
contract renewals, and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
· Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship
with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business.
· Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
· Answer service calls independently without assistance within one year of employment.
· Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality
Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job
· Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable
· Complete all planned Quality, EHS & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
· Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the
· Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality
· Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable).
· Identify and report any unsafe workplace conditions or unsafe acts to the EHS Organization.
· Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe (if
· Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating
process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
· Maintain tools and test equipment properly and ensure they are calibrated correctly.
· Candidates should note that this role will be in scope for the proposed transition of GE Biopharma to Danaher and will transfer to Danaher at close of this transaction.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field; OR equivalent military education; OR participant in the
formal GEHC Biomed/FE Services Internship or Military Externship program; OR High School Diploma/GED and 4 or more years of experience servicing electronic equipment.
· Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
· The successful applicant must comply with GEHC’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
· Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
· Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
· Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
· Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
· Experience servicing lab scale chromatography is preferred
· Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a
solution based service process.
· Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic
· Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
· Demonstrate an understanding that customers determine our success.
· Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
· Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
· Empower and inspire others.
· Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with
cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).