Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
The Product Safety Engineer will have the opportunity to advance the state-of-the-art of avionics by evaluating new technologies and assisting in the generation of new design solutions.
The Product Safety Engineer will provide direction and assistance to the Certification, Safety, and Quality Organization in order to meet assigned objectives. In the role of Product Safety Engineer, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, as the Product Safety Engineer, you will:
· Support a culture of safety engagement across the organization which emphasizes shared responsibility in achieving safe and reliable designs
· Grow your professional capabilities by working with experienced System Safety engineers in evaluating a variety of aircraft systems and components
· Influence the design of avionics components and systems through all phases of product development
· Work across multiple product areas:
· Flight Management Systems
· Computing Platforms
· Data Recorders
· Stores Management Systems
· Power Generation
· and Distribution, etc.
· Work on numerous civil and military aircraft platforms
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Document and communicate results of technical data generated to internal and external customers
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
· Related work experience in the aviation industry
· Ability to apply engineering fundamentals and learned Safety engineering principles to a variety of product areas
· Ability to guide and influence others
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Here you'll discover extensive arts and cultural venues, plenty of fine dining for every palate, popular entertainment including hot nightspots and bars, downtown and mall shopping, a wide variety of affordable housing options and good schools. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo. If you're continuing your education, excellent local options, include Davenport University, Grand Valley State University, Ferris State University, Grand Rapids Community College, Hope College, Michigan State University and Western Michigan University.Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.