We are looking for motivated individuals who enjoy solving complex problems, who are passionate about solving field issues and who are eager to continue learning. In this role, you will use your experience to solve field issues that will translate into software improvements. You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to solve problems related to control and diagnostics systems, vibration/advanced vibration monitoring on wing testing.
The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for:
· Define, develop and test software requirements related to control and diagnostic systems, vibration/advanced vibration monitoring and on wing testing.
· Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies and Procedures, Engineering Standards, Design Customer Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements.
· Work through field issues resolution and support our customers.
· Maintain direct communication with multiple teams in Mexico, US and global teams.
· Effectively communicate to internal and external GE customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
· Prepare and present the solution material during the technical reviews.
· Support the implementation and validation of software requirements that meet business needs.
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated to substantiate design decisions.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Degree must be in: Electronic, Control or Mechatronic engineering, Mechanical engineering (with proven programming skills)
· Proven experience solid contribution in a similar role or previous position or developing and testing requirements for GE9X software.
· Proven knowledge of software development processes and DO178 C & B.
· Proven programming skills in: C, C++, MATLAB and model-based environments such as SCADE or SIMULINK.
· Demonstrated skills to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies.
· Presentation Skills: Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership.
· Demonstrated ability in managing own projects.
· Strong problem-solving skills with guidance.
· Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives.
· Disciplined, self-driven, can work independently without supervision; shows initiative and is proactive.
· Knowledge on aircraft engines performance and operational parameters.
· Experience in Data Mining techniques and Machine Learning algorithms.
· Experience in prototyping analytic solutions for complex problems.
· Experience in aircraft vibration diagnostics.
· Experience in aircraft controls & diagnostics systems
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com