Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
In the role of Platform and Test Software Engineer, you will utilize your experience / expertise to build a strong foundation for planning, developing, integrating, and executing assigned projects in collaboration with other adjacent team members under defined requirements and processes leading to final product deliveries of software applications or device drivers based on strategies for the aerospace industry.
The Platform and Test Software Lead Engineer will be responsible for embedded software development for various product-line based programs.
In addition, as the Platform and Test Software Lead Engineer, you will:
· Be responsible for day-to-day execution of the work assigned by the Project Development Lead, cross-functional coordination within the team and other product areas, development of the product objectives meeting the Multi-Generational Technology Plan (MGTP) / Multi-Generational Product (Development) Plan (MGPP) as directed by Development Lead and advised by department's Architect, and interaction with third-party suppliers
· Report to the Project Development Lead and functionally report to the Engineering Technical Manager
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound scientific / engineering principles and practices
· Define / Refine software architecture and software design
· Define / Refine interface requirements
· Define / Refine software requirements, test cases and test procedures
· Define / Refine software implementation
Identify, evaluate, and occasionally develop engineering tools and processes necessary to meet the projects engineering and business goals
· Develop software test applications
· Execute software integration activities.
· Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments, maintaining a focus on safety and reliability
· Interface across GE Global sites.
· Execute the platform software reuse strategies and processes
· Execute trade studies related to software technologies such
as operating systems, hyper-visors, and tools
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related Technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
· Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 10% of the time.
· Experience with embedded software development life cycle.
· Experience using Configuration Management tools CVS, GIT, Rational Team Concert
· Knowledge of requirements definition and trace, architecture planning, design implementation, documentation, testing, verification and production support efforts
· Knowledge of a Graphical Modeling Language with Simulation (e.g. Enterprise Architect, Rational Rose, Rhapsody, Matlab / Simulink )
· Knowledge of embedded software development activities using C, C++, and ADA languages, RTOSs or MBD
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
· Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment
· Participate in a team as a team player
· Experience in a development role for a C project
· Knowledge in Real-time Operating Systems and Hypervisor technologies
· Strong oral and written communication skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. To be considered for this role, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(2) and 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).