Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The Electronic Lab Technician role will work alongside a team of engineers to develop and support complex products primarily used in the aerospace market (i.e. valves, actuators, temperature controllers, fans). This individual will be responsible for supporting and building production text fixtures, assisting with root cause investigations of product failures, troubleshooting electronic circuits, building engineering prototypes, and occasional production support.
· Support NPI programs by working closely with test engineers to:Build prototypes
· Design and build test fixtures, support calibration
· Layout simple PCBs
· Procure parts
· Design and build wiring harnesses
· Troubleshoot electronic product failures down to the component level
· Recommend and purchase lab equipment needed to support design and development of aerospace products
· Maintain proper inventory of lab tools, electronic components, and lab accessories
· Specify and setup electrical test equipment for data monitoring and collection
· Support test setups in the lab for development / qualification testing
· Design and document circuits using schematic capture
· Design, build, maintain, and service production test fixtures
· Independently evaluate, understand, and service electronic products and components
· Run tests in the lab for development / qualification testing
· Associate of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology degree (or similar) with a minimum of 5 years of electronics experience
· High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in an electronic technician's role
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule
· Working knowledge of lab instruments, including oscilloscopes, DVMs, function generators, data loggers
· Proficient in soldering and understanding schematics
· Circuit simulation ability
· Experience in motors
· Hands-on work attitude
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.