Barra dos Coqueiros
Power Power Services
Environmental Health & Safety
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator will provide EHS support for the Porto de Sergipe power plant. You will also maintain in-depth knowledge of existing and proposed national and local regulations. The EHS Coordinator is responsible for their own Health and Safety, and that of any staff/contractors working under their direction in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Policy.
· Manage all aspects of site EHS activities to ensure full compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
· Coordinate the implementation of the Safety Policy and Procedures in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Health and Safety Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency established by the municipal, state and federal governments.
· Plan and implement training programs for Plant personnel in safety practices, fire prevention and correct handling techniques for chemicals, equipment and other materials.
· Prepare analyzes of causes of accidents and health risks due to improper use of PPE or products by Plant personnel.
· Lead, develop and maintain plant specific quality & process descriptions and work instructions based on the company wide endorsed Quality Management
· Establish and maintain the plant quality plans and systems.
· Implement and execute GE Power Services O&M EHS programs /processes.
· Maintain site-specific EHS programs and plans and work with the plant management team to develop site planning, process planning, visitors and work instructions.
· Provide guidance and interpretation of EHS regulations and requirements affecting site to management team.
· Update and support quality alerts.
· Partner with operations team to manage site EHS compliance activities (inspections, training, monitoring, sampling, etc.).
· Drive EHS compliance through audits, process / equipment reviews and site inspections.
· Manage Site Quality and EHS training program and conduct classroom training as needed.
· Lead site risk elimination/risk reduction activities.
· Ensure a strong culture of environmental health, safety and compliance throughout the business.
· Demonstrate strong leadership as a member of site management team and promote engagement and collaboration with all team members.
· Complete all site regulatory reports (air, water, hazardous materials, waste, Safety) and work closely with site customer to ensure timely submittal of reports.
· Lead site injury and illness prevention program.
· Lead incident / accident investigations and develop corrective and preventive action plans.
· Work cooperatively with GE EHS resources on business projects and initiatives.
· Utilize site EMS system (Gensuite) to record and track site EHS activities (training, incident reporting, incident investigation, etc.).
· Interact with Operation and Maintenance personnel for the creation, organization and operation of the Plant Safety Committee.
· Assist in the issuance of PPRA - Program for the Prevention of Environmental Risks.
· Assist in the issuance of PCMSO - Medical Control and Occupational Health Program.
· To analyze ergonomic aspects of the work, recommending corrections.
· Attend inspections of government agencies related to health, safety and environment.
· Perform other tasks related to those described above, at the discretion of its immediate superior.
· Occupational Safety Technician or Bachelor`s Degree from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of 4 years of Quality and EHS experience in an industry or manufacturing environment.
· Well developed influencing skills including the ability to maximize team performance and build commitment across a range of stakeholders.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from workshop team members to senior
managers and customers.
· Proven ability to deal with ambiguity, lead change and drive continuous improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and negotiate successful solutions.
· Advanced/fluent spoken English.
· Advanced computer skills, primarily with MS Office software programs, i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
· Experience with customer interaction.
· Experience with regulatory agency interaction.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated influencing skills in a team environment workforce.
· Comprehensive knowledge of country specific regulations.
· Experience in Health and Safety and Environmental management systems ; i.e. ISO9000, ISO14001, ISO18000, NERC, VPP etc.
· Ability to work closely with site management team and external resources.
· Experience managing Air, water, and waste permits, hazardous waste, and other environmental programs.
· Experience working directly with regulatory inspectors and permitting personnel.
· Self-starter with strong client and public communication skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Barra dos Coqueiros