Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
As a member of the Brilliant Software Factory (BSF) Core Team, the successful applicant will be a key contributor to the overall solutions provided by the BSF to support its global mission: define, design, develop, deliver and drive adoption of state-of-the-art processes, automation and technologies to empower Software Solutions within the DevOps paradigm, enabling continuous productivity and quality improvement.
The successful applicant will be innovative and self-motivated, and responsible for the design, implementation and adoption of the processes and automation that the Brilliant Software Factory identify. For that he or she will work closely with the other BSF Domain leaders, Product Development, Software Delivery, IT and external partners (if needed). He or she will support the other BSF Domain Leaders to produce agile project plans and be responsible for the delivery of the BSF Solutions, in a timely, cost effective manner, and with high levels of quality.
• Act as a Thought Leader to identify, design and implement DevOps frameworks and automation to be used across an extensive and diverse range of products
• Act as a Change Agent to drive change in the organization, by actively engaging Product Development and Software Delivery functions to achieve our DevOps strategy
• Own the full development cycle of innovative solutions which leverage contemporary technologies
• Work with the other BSF Leaders, Product Development, Software Delivery and IT to help identify new opportunities within the organization.
• Ensure Engineering discipline within an agile environment, consistent with engineering policies and procedures, to produce the required deliverables with high quality, on time, and within budget.
• Monitor and communicate development cycle status, tests status, and execution risks & issues appropriately.
• collaborate with other GE businesses to discover solutions to accelerate our strategy, share information & best practices.
• Contribute to the overall management of the BSF Framework (open governance) to allow the team to reach its common goals
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science or equivalent
• Strong experience in software project engineering or software product development roles relative to Design, Build, Test, and Deploy
Knowledge & Experience:
• Previous experience using DevOps related tools such as Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Ansible, AWS – or their equivalents
• Strong understanding of CI & CD process, toolsets and supporting infrastructure
• Strong culture and initial experience in DevOps and Agile Development methodologies
• Strong understanding of and experience in different scripting languages and file formats like Python, Bash, Powershell, Groovy, JSON, YAML - or their equivalents
• Strong understanding of and experience in cloud-computing platforms (AWS or Azure), Virtualisation, and Containerisation
• Strong understanding of development and delivery lifecycles, in particular the importance of the role of Test Automation
• Strong technical and analytical ability
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation and report writing skills
• Master’s degree in Software Engineering or in Computer Science is preferred
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit theUK Border Agency website
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com