As a Data Visualization Engineer in the Data & Analytics domain within the Budapest Digital Hub, You will work closely with the team and different GE businesses to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions. You will be a member of an integrated squad (data scientists, data engineers, software engineers and a product owner) to deliver successful outcomes driving efficiency and creating new revenue streams.
As a Data Visualization Engineer, we need You to be able to grasp the essence of large data sets, we’ll look at You to transfer and represent information so that it’s relevant, simple and to the point.
We count on your creativity, fresh ideas and outside-in perspective to get even better, even further, even faster!
Your daily work will involve:
· Responsible for defining, developing, and evolving data visualization related tasks using the latest development methods and infrastructure
· Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy
· Collaborate with system engineers, data scientists, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with our stakeholder’s and our own strategic directions
· Implement, document and support data visualization solutions in an agile environment
· Experience and affinity for visualization methods and techniques
· Experience with data visualization methods and tools
· Desired: Tableau
· Ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects
· Experience with core data structures as well as algorithms (and the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary
· Good English skills (written and spoken)
· Positive attitude and team player
· Degree information technology, mathematics, physics, engineering, economics or any related fields
· Experience with other tools, like: Informatica, Talend, OBI EE, Business Objects, Microstrategy, PowerBI, d3.js, Caravel, chart.io etc.
· Experience with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server)
· Experience in Unix/Linux environments (e.g. RedHat/CentOS)
· Experience and understanding of how to optimize service data and visualization for size or speed
- Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce
· Working knowledge with version control (e.g. SVN, Git) and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity) tools
· Strong in Debugging and Troubleshooting abilities
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction... It is not about your career... it is not about your job title... it is about who you are.... It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters... do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles -people like you!