Aviation Communications & GE Advantage
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Customer Relations Representative / Corporate Event Planner with a proven track record of creating and executing world-class Corporate VIP visits and events around the globe. This individual will represent the GE brand to a wide range of internal and external audiences by creating appropriate settings in which GE leaders can conduct business.
In addition, as the Customer Relations Representative / Corporate Event Planner, you will:
· Lead event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits and within budget
· Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
· Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts for hotels, entertainment, catering, transportation, audiovisual, etc.
· Coordinate with other customer relations leaders and business leaders to assure synergy and group requirements are met
· Build a network of industry contacts in the hotel, dining, transportation and entertainment fields
· Track and report expenses within GE guidelines and deadlines
· Organize facilities and manage all event details such as:
· Invitee List
· Special Guests
· Equipment, etc.
· Ensure compliance with business and customer guidelines, as well as insurance, legal, and health & safety obligations
· Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
· Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in an event planning role)
· 3 years of experience as an events planner / organizer, hotel management, catering or related role
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
· Ability and willingness to travel globally, often for 1 – 2 weeks at a time, for up to 50% of the year
· Proven experience as an events planner or organizer, with a preference for Corporate event planning
· Certified Meeting Professional accreditation
· Impressive portfolio of previously managed events
· Excellent organization, time management and communication skills
· Ability to build productive business relationships
· Ability to manage multiple projects independently
· MS Office proficiency
· Flexibility, creativity and resourcefulness to stay calm in rapidly changing environments and create and implement solutions on the spot
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong teaming skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options.Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.