Healthcare USA & Canada
Responsible for leading all strategic commercial contracts and process issues arising in the region, supporting the regional legal team on commercial legal matters and improving existing processes. Key function is to establish and maintain efficient processes in the framework of a compliant culture across the region.
· Acting as a business partner by applying combined business and legal judgment to proposed deals, relationships and other issues requiring legal or compliance attention.
· Drafting, reviewing and occasionally negotiating strategic business agreements and transactions such as (but not limited to) customer sales contracts, amendments and sales agreements
· Advising the business on regulatory, privacy, antitrust and advertising/promotional matters
· Providing regulatory and compliance advice- in conjunction with the Regulatory and Compliance specialist areas in GE Healthcare.
· Supporting on dispute resolution and litigation where appropriate
· JD (or equivalent) with active bar membership.
· 5+ years of business law experience at a large law firm or corporate legal department, including but not limited to drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions (i.e. purchase, sale and distribution agreements).
· Previous experience drafting and negotiating complex business transactions, including licensing deals.
· Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment.
· Ability to communicate using English (and local language) and outstanding interpersonal skills.
· Experience of the Healthcare industry and previous exposure to medical industry regulations (FDA, Medicare/Medicaid anti-kickback)
· Demonstrated experience providing legal advice in a highly regulated environment
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).