Responsible for independently developing build and release procedures for a particular release of a product. Skilled in innovating, developing, and maintaining build and configuration management.
• Well versed in Build & Release, Continuous Integration Environment ,Software Configuration Management and Virtualization
• Exposure in at least 1 CI/CD tool and Build Automation Tools
• Should have good knowledge on scripting - Linux scripts/Python/Groovy/PowerShell
• Should have hands on experience with at least 1 programming language
• Exposure to Cloud based solutions/Cloud automation is desired
• Contributes to the team and works independently.
• Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Increases task level and takes on multiple projects at one time.
• Becoming skilled with various configuration management, build management and continuous integration tools and methodologies.
• Understands the importance of Build and Release as part of development life cycle and with reference to continuous integration process.
• Fully understands the importance of different software environments like Development, QA and Production.
• Skilled in application domain and functional areas.
• Expertise and knowledge in writing automation scripts for build and release processes.
• Becoming skilled with SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in the industry
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com