Healthcare USA & Canada
In this role, the Biomedical Technician II will properly respond to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on progressively complex customer’s biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
• With minimal supervision, evaluate progressively complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation.
• Maintain daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE / customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
• May assist more and less experienced technicians on basic and complex repairs /resolution respectively. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area. When trained, share on-call / pager responsibility.
• Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor’s service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
• Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities, purchase orders and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
1) Minimum of High School Diploma/GED required.
AND one of the following:
• Minimum of one-year military experience or other equivalent formal training in maintaining electronics, electromechanical or medical equipment.
• Minimum of an Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanical Principles.
2) AND a minimum of two years of experience performing troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic biomedical equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
3) Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using PDA and computer skills.
4) Previous experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
5) Willing to occasionally travel outside of assigned region.
1) Certified Biomedical Electronics Technician (CBET) desired.
2) Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
3) Previous experience in a hospital setting.
4) Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
5) Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
6) Change agent and process-oriented.
7) Leading & Relating to Others: Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict.
8) Shares Expertise: Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
9) Organizing & Executing: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
10) Communicating: Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
11) Coping with Pressure: Works productively in a pressurized environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
12) Supporting & Cooperating: Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others. Adapts to the team and builds team spirit. Listens, consults others and communicates proactively. Supports and cares for others. Upholds ethics and values. Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follows procedures and policies. Compiles with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
13) Embracing Change & Demonstrating Enthusiasm: Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary. Identifies development strategies needed to achieve career goals and meet new or changing demands of the job.
14) Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Identifies business opportunities for the organization. Demonstrates financial awareness.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).