Healthcare USA & Canada
In this role, the Biomedical Technician I will properly evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on customer’s basic biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
• Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, and environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation.
• Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE / customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
• May assist more and less experienced technicians on basic and more complex repairs /resolution respectively. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area. When trained, share on-call / pager responsibility.
• Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
• Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities, purchase orders and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
Minimum High School Diploma/GED required.
AND one of the following:
1) Minimum of one-year military experience or other equivalent formal training in maintaining electronics, electromechanical or medical equipment.
2) Minimum of an Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanical Principles.
3) Qualified and participated in the formal GEHC Clinical Services Internship program as a GE employee.
Must be willing to occasionally travel outside of assigned region.
1. One year of experience performing troubleshooting and PM on basic electronic, electromechanical or medical equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
2. Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
3. Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
4. Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
5. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
6. Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone) and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
7. Change agent and process oriented.
8. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
9. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
10. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
11. Empower and inspire others.
12. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).