Corporate Finance & Operating Components
Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Intermediate level professional positions requiring subject matter knowledge and experience, more independence in problem solving and decision making.
· Supervise and review (perform when required) the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes for various ledgers with offshore team
· Liaise with the Finance Team and HQ team, as well as affiliated counterparties
· Generate and complete management and financial reports including budget submissions.
· Supervise and review (perform when required) Accounts reconciliation process and review of off shore team’s work.
· Lead the off shore team and manage the processes outsourced
· Preparation and coordination of Statutory Accounts for several UK & European legal entities
· Statutory reconciliations, Stat to US GAAP walk
· Coordination of audit process, compliance with audit requests
· Support Corporate Tax Team with various transactions throughout the year ensuring compliance for accounting standards and corporate governance
· Ensure implementation and understanding of the financial policies and procedures in compliance with local legislation and the company policies and procedures
· Anticipate, assess and manage the impact of regulatory, taxation or accounting changes affecting the ledgers/entities under management
· Work as a business partner with client leaders and cost center owners to close the books and to evaluate / improve finance processes
· Ensure conformance to finance standards and practices
· Initiate direct communication with specific customers, clients, suppliers and finance personnel
· Maintain and develop relationships with Controllership and Tax communities and with external auditors and service (tax/legal) providers
· Various ad-hoc projects and systems projects
· You have a Master degree/University/Bachelor degree in Business Economics/Auditing/Accounting or similar or equivalent knowledge or experience
· You have significant experience, preferably in a combination of both a Big 4 and/or a trust office
· You have solid experience in accounting/controllership; certified accountant a plus
· You are well versed in US GAAP, preferably combined with IFRS knowledge
· Good understanding of corporate/holding structures with (intragroup) investment and financing activities
· Understanding of audit process, able to discuss with auditors and tax advisors
· You have experience with Oracle and oracle related systems
· You are fluent in English, with strong oral and written communication skills; French a plus locally, but not required
· You have the ability to challenge processes and implement improved working methods
· You are a leader, a problem solver and a strong communicator
· You enjoy and thrive in a diverse operational and cultural environment
· Analytical with well-developed problem solving skills
· Solid process background, quality driven
· Flexible and energetic person, hands on mentality
· Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
· Hands on self-starter, able to work independently
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Strong inclination towards quality process improvement
· International experience in multinational, trust office with international clients and/or Big 4 firm strong advantage
Close Date - 21st June 2019
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
AtGE , developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It’s how we’ve sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It’s how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn’t just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .