GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The Assembly & Test Technician - 2nd Shift will be responsible for various functions to ensure conformance to specifications and continuous production consistent with established standards.
In the role of Assembly & Test Technician - 2nd Shift, you will:
· Fully participate in EHS Management Program and comply with all safety, health, and environmental regulations
· Ensure compliance in respective areas of control with all QHSE Management System requirements, policies and procedures
· Identify, place and stamp parts in specified relationship to each other and per instructions on job order, router and drawing
· Check parts and router for accuracy and review assembly procedures
· Bolt, clip, screw and fasten parts together
· Assemble equipment based on customer sales order; complete assembly according to requirements and safety rules / regulations; complete assembly documentation
· Repair used equipment
· Work at different work stations as needed
· High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
· Minimum 6 months related manufacturing experience and/or training
· Work 2nd Shift
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
· Work in a hands-on environment
· Lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds
· Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
· Intermediate language skills
· Basic mathematical skills and intermediate reasoning ability
· Forklift certification
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.