Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
As the Assembly Technician B - 3rd Shift, you will:
· Assemble and possibly test electromechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies for wind turbine components including installation, adhesive bonding, drilling, tapping, torqueing, lubricating and wiring
· Work from engineering drawings, work instructions and wiring diagrams
· Efficiently use calibrated equipment and machinery as part of assembly processes
· Utilize various hand tools and other standard tools to complete work tasks
· Utilize the proper chemicals; must be able to understand safety data and shelf life information
· Accurately inspect the condition of incoming hardware
· Follow EHS compliance for wind turbine assembly and test
· Assure complete and accurate quality documentation
· Assist in implementation of wind turbine documentation and process improvements
· Initiate and drive process improvements
· Operate forklift and crane
· High school diploma / GED from an accredited institution
· Minimum of 1 year manufacturing / mechanical experience using electrical and pneumatic hand tools
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Legal authorization to work in the United States is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
· Must be willing to work as necessary to meet requirements of the position, including the ability to work overtime / occasional weekends and occasional holidays
· Must be able to wear PPE, for example, safety glasses, gloves, hats and safety shoes
· Must be able to lift / carry at least 20 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodation
· Must be able to push / pull at least 50 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodation
· With or without reasonable accommodation, must be able to stand for long periods of time up to 8 hours or 100% of a shift (except for a 30-minute lunch break)
· Willingness to work in a tobacco-free environment
· Understanding of basic mechanical and electrical theories
· Able to complete and maintain CVP certification
· Able to work cooperatively in a fast-paced, team environment
· Able to demonstrate good problem- solving skills
· Prior wind assembly experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).