GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions
The Assembler/Packer will perform all duties typical associated with testing, Plastisol coating, and the assembly and packaging of small fittings, valves, saddles, and plastic couplings. In this role, you will be expected to perform all the duties typically associated with drawing parts from on-line storage, testing, working on the coating line, and assembling small fittings.
In the role of Assembler / Packer - 2nd Shift, you will:
· Visually inspecting parts for defects and taking dimensional samples using simple gages
· Set up and operate small testers and fixtures
· Glue gaskets and other items to assemblies
· Set and operate all production lines and other equipment used to Plastisol coat
· Replenish and maintain coating materials at proper working levels
· Assemble component parts using fixtures and nut turning devices and cartons assembled product
· Properly identify and label assembled products correctly and clearly
· Retrieve and disperse component parts from an on-line storage area and makes the necessary transactions to inventory records on the system
· Keep a clean and orderly work area
· High School diploma or GED from an accredited school or institution
· Minimum 6 months of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Previous Manufacturing experience
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.