Capital Energy Financial Services
The analyst will be supporting the London Power and Renewables Execution and Capital Advisory/ Portfolio Management teams within GE Energy Financial Services (EFS). They will support the sourcing, analyzing, closing, and funding financial transactions, as well as provide advisory, structuring and execution services on behalf of the GE Industrial Businesses and their customers across the world. This role will support the team by conducting due diligence, financial modeling, and analysis.
· Analyze and/or develop financial models and projections
· Assist the team with preparation of financial proposals to customers to accompany technical and commercial tenders being submitted
· Conduct industry/company research, including risk analysis
· Perform valuation analysis for projects and companies
· Assist the team with running a competitive process to select most appropriate financial institution to support a specific transaction
· Support the completion and submission of applications of cover into Export Credit Agencies, Development Institutions, Insurance companies etc.
· Assist in preparing credit requests and other supporting documentation for internal approval process and internal reports.
· Maintain deal management information systems.
· Develop and execute operational improvement projects.
· Lead all aspects of ongoing servicing activities and serve as primary point of contact for commercial financing transactions according to detailed requirements and operational procedures.
· Support the team by providing performance analytics on historical and targeted deal closings and to support the development of efficient analytical tools.
· Handle projects to ensure administrative compliance with deal terms and establish, implement, and monitor reporting metrics for Operations.
· Possess good understanding of procedures and concepts within own subject area.
· Possess good understanding of how the team integrates with other teams in accomplishing the objectives of the are
· Bachelor's Degree with some experience of working in a financial services environment or equivalent knowledge or experience; understanding of financial statements and basic accounting;
· Good oral and written communication skills at all levels; collaborative;
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics; MBA degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Familiarity with commercial, financial, loan and equity products
· Experience using ACBS or related loan servicing software;
· Exposure to Energy Industry;
· Skilled communicator who is able to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way;
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills;
· Given the global nature of the business additional language would be an advantage (French, German, Spanish)
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com