GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Leicester manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, will provide reactive support for production process issues or RGA (Return Goods Authorisation) Investigations, and contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity
• Own the manufacturing engineering activities in cost of quality (COQ) projects and product yield improvements
• Investigate performance/ electronic issues to root cause and implement solutions with reactive support issues.
• Responsible for containment of work in progress. Act to minimise impact to yield, COQ, communicate potential yield loss/ delivery impact cross functionally.
• Responsible to drive investigation to root cause and resolution in line with customer expectations.
• Communication to manager and pillar leadership on progress of workload.
• Ensure lessons learnt are communicated and documented cross functionally, read across is considered and implemented if necessary.
• Responsible for the development of assembly processes and procedures.
• Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
• Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
• Manufacturing Engineer/Technician
• Understanding of Electromechanical Assembly and interactions.
• Specifically, around analogue electronics, Product and Process knowledge preferably Aerospace Manufacturing
• Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing techniques, Shainin, Quality System, and SPC tools.
• A level of process and design in the Manufacture of sensors and measurement equipment.
• Lead cross functional teams, Shop Floor, Technology
• Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
• Strong Analytical & problem-solving skills, data analysis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn.
• Experience of using SAP ERP
• Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Shainin Trained/Apprentice
• Experience with pressure measurement technologies
• Knowledge preferably Aerospace Manufacturing process and design
• Customer facing experience.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website”. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com